Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Response to My Blog at School


This is in response to Sarah Levenduskys' Blog. Mrs. Levendusky is making use of blogging in her classroom. I would have to say it is a great tool to use. I would have to say that students are the same in any part of the United States. She teaches in Iowa and I use to teach high school in Louisiana. And the response of the parents during conferences are the same when asked what has their child told them about the class? She said the parents states nothing. I would receive the same response. She states that students finish most of the work during class, but she still updates her classroom blog. I can tell that Sarah has a passion for teaching and that her primary interest is her students because of the statement made in her post.

" Since most of the work we do in the class must be done at school, for a variety of reasons, I don't foresee that the blog will be used too much for missing work. However, even if one student a week can use the information to help keep up with the class, it will be worth my time to update it." Sarah Levendusky 2007

Way to go Sarah! I wish you the best of luck with your blogs. Your students will love the technology you are integrating in your class.

I know that she is well aware of the fact that most students do not have a computer or probably can not view the blog as frequently as she would hope, but she still constantly updates her blog. She also described how blogs are used in reference to Learning Outcomes, Information, Reflection, Interaction and Assessment.

Click here to view Sarah's Blog.

Click here to view Sarah's Computer Class Blog.






No comments: