Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Wikispaces


I just finished listening to the podcast of Vicki Davis of Westwood Schools in Camilla, Georgia and Adam Frey of Wikispaces who sat down for a brief interview at NECC to discuss how Vicki is using wiki technology to support her award-winning Flat Classroom project. I feel it was really interesting. I was wondering how would the students be assessed? As I listened, she stated that rubrics are used and the students have to post to the discussion area and make edits to show they have been collaborating. She also stated, she looks in the history to see who has been doing what. I never thought about using wikis in a k-12 setting. I thought it was too technical. I guess I was wrong. Here is the wiki link to her classroom's wikispace westwood.wikispaces.com.

1 comment:

Dr. Z said...

Glad you liked the Wikispaces podcast. I appreciated the additional research that you did so that I could jump over to her website and Flat Classroom project. Check out the Wiki Webinar about new ideas for using wikis in learning.